If you are in need of beta readers, Book Allure is currently providing beta reading services!
What is a beta reader?
Beta readers are your critique partners. We read your manuscript and give feedback with the angle of an average reader to the author about remaining issues and possible inconsistencies. As seasoned readers ourselves, we can give you pointers as to what works, what doesn’t work, and other related comments.
Why should I hire you?
I am a seasoned reader and reviewer. I have read over hundreds of books and I am generally aware of what works and what doesn’t for specific genres. My connections as a blogger also make me aware of what other readers tend to like and dislike.
Books are hard to assess since they are meant to stimulate emotions. My service will look at your work in an objective manner and will critique specific elements (punctuation, grammar) as well as the overall picture of the work (plot and character development, pacing, and consistency)
I have also done a few reading jobs and you can find testimonials and feedback here
What are the terms and conditions of the beta reading?
- Only fictional sub-genres under YA, NA, contemporary, romance, fantasy, and sci-fi will be accepted. If you are unsure of the genre, please feel free to email me to confirm.
- The beta reading service includes proofreading, editing (errors such as punctuation, spelling, and grammar), and giving an overall feedback on the manuscript. To avoid confusion, please specify what you are expecting from me.
- You have the option to decide whether you want to send the manuscript to me in batches of 3-10 chapters or the entire thing at once. I can give feedback per batch or per manuscript, whichever you prefer.
- The format must be in PDF or Word to be compatible with the software I am using.
- It is highly recommended that you send a Word file with questions and a list that I should look out for while reading. Along with the marked manuscripts, this will be sent back to the author.
- Rest assured, your manuscript will be kept confidential.
- Feedback will be given back within 7-14 days depending on the content. Since I am a student, timeframe for feedback may vary.
- I reserve the right to refuse any manuscript.
What’s your rate?
I charge $0.60 for every 300 words, so a manuscript containing 50,000 words will be charged at $100. Rates will be rounded up to the nearest dollar.
Rush fees will require an additional $50 on top of my $0.60/300 words rate. As opposed to the 7-14 day window, I can deliver your work from 3-7 days. Rush fees are subject to approval and may be denied due to my existing workload.
How do I pay and what are the terms of payment?
- Payments will be made online via Paypal.
- 50% downpayment will be required prior to the beta reading service.
- Remaining 50% will be made throughout the service and can be agreed upon.
- Invoices will be sent directly to your email.
- No refunds.
If you are interested, you can contact me via email and we can proceed to work out the details.
Please use the heading “Beta Reading Request” and include the title, genre/s, brief synopsis, word count, and desired service in the email.
Looking forward to working with you!