Another day, another tag! Here, we share our opinions on some books/series we don’t have the same opinions with most. Lets’s go!
1. A POPULAR BOOK OR SERIES THAT YOU DIDN’T LIKE
The Heir by Kiera Cass – Sadly, I didn’t freak out with everyone else when I read this book. I just thought that Eadlyn was such a brat??? Did anyone else feel this way?
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare –
Please don’t kill me Kyra I don’t seem to remember anything spectacular about it
2. A POPULAR BOOK SERIES THAT EVERYONE ELSE SEEMS TO HATE BUT YOU LOVE
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare – I mean, not everyone else seems to hate this, but this series does get a lot of hate huhu. BUT I DON’T CARE BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME #Sizzy5Ever
Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick – I love Patch and yes I understand the first parts of the first book were cringe-worthy but heeeyyyyyy it was pretty amazing once you look over that little bump.
3. A LOVE TRIANGLE WHERE THE MAIN CHARACTER ENDED UP WITH THE PERSON YOU DID NOT WANT THEM TO END UP WITH or AN OTP THAT YOU DON’T LIKE
I’m not gonna say who they are but I really just don’t agree with the endgame in the Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo, which makes me really really sad. I totally ship her with someone else 😦
F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher – I hated who the protagonist ended up with. UGHHHHHHH.
4. A POPULAR BOOK GENRE THAT YOU HARDLY REACH FOR
K: I know that a lot of people like scary novels, but just not a fan. I read to enjoy people!! It helps me sleep! Horror books do the opposite!
N: I’d have to agree with Kyra here. I like to sleep at night, thank you very much.
5. A POPULAR OR BELOVED CHARACTER THAT YOU DO NOT LIKE
Not sure if he’s beloved, but he sure is popular, and that is Romeo Montague from Romeo and Juliet. I just got so annoyed with how and impulsive he was 😦
I’ll just leave this here.
6. A POPULAR AUTHOR THAT YOU JUST CAN’T SEEM TO GET INTO
K: I don’t think I can ever get into Lauren Oliver’s books. I read Delirium and I’m just not a fan of her writing.
N: Robyn Schneider. I seriously disliked The Beginning of Everything AND Extraordinary Means.
7. A POPULAR BOOK TROPE THAT YOU’RE TIRED OF SEEING (EXAMPLES: “LOST PRINCESS,” CORRUPT RULER, LOVE TRIANGLS, ETC.)
K: I’m pretty tired of seeing a brash heroine THAT ALWAYS USES HER EMOTIONS BEFORE HER BRAIN!!!
N: Not sure if this is a trope but I hate it when the protagonist KNOWS someone important in the book is hiding something and they keep stalling from confronting that someone about it. LKJDFLAJLFSDFLJDSFJASJKFADJLSAK PLEAAAAASE.
8. A POPULAR SERIES THAT YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN READING
A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin – These books are such a commitment, and i really just don’t have any plans for these. I’d rather watch the TV show hahaha
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare – My TBR simply has no space for this series and I don’t feel too bad about missing out on it.
9. THE SAYING GOES, “THE BOOK IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN THE MOVIE,” BUT WHAT MOVIE OR T.V. SHOW ADAPTATION DO YOU PREFER MORE THAN THE BOOK?
I enjoyed Mockingjay Part 2 sooo much! I walked out of the theater feeling so good because one of my favourite series was done justice! I can honestly say that this was better than the book ❤
Love, Rosie the movie was how I think the book should’ve gone. The book was too complicated.
Kyra’s reaction to Nikki’s answers: wtf i feel so betrayed
So that was it friends!! These were our unpopular opinions. Hope you enjoyed and happy reading!! ❤